Here at The Podiatrist we use the latest orthotic technology from Germany known as the Orthema.
The Orthema is a three step system where by your foot is scanned, a computer model is created and a full length flexible device is milled.
The benefits of this system include:
- The foot is scanned weight bearing in its optimum position, as apposed to a plaster cast with your foot off the ground, this produces a much more accurate representation of the foot allowing more correction whislt maintaining comfort.
- The 3D computer modeling of the orthotics allows us to see the corrections we are making before their construction allowing much finer prescription levels
- Being full length orthotics we can extend the control of the orthotic prescription to the toes which is very useful for sports orthotics. Also there are now many sandles on the market, with full length removable liners, which are suitable for use with orthotics.
In general the benifits of orthotics include:
- Support your feet and legs whenever weight bearing to increase confidence and sports performance.
- Improve chronic and acute sports injuries.
- Improve weight distribution and posture.
- Optimise shoe fit and comfort & absorb shock.
- Alter abnormal foot functioning position to correct many common foot ailments or prevent them from getting worse.
- Help your child’s foot grow in more neutral or anatomicaly aligned position.
- Eliminates low back pain from leg length inequalities.